The registering company is also required to register at the VAT Department of the Israel Tax Authority prior to commencing business operations. In addition – a foreign entity that conducts business in Israel needs to appoint a local VAT representative whose permanent place of residence is in Israel and who will assume the responsibility of handling all VAT issues. The representative will be treated as the person liable for VAT. VAT form 22 (Application for Registration as Foreign Dealer) and form 821 (Registration for VAT purposes) should be completed and signed by all parties.
1. Registrar of Companies certificate of registration.
2. The company’s Articles of Association.
3. A contract proving the rental or purchase of company offices.
4. Document proving the possession of an Israeli bank account.
5. A lawyer/accountant’s certificate declaring the company’s (a) authorized signatories, (b) directors.
6. Company directors details – ID numbers, addresses, phone numbers.
7. Company stamp.